January 21, 2013
What we Focus on expands…. Hmmm, what we Focus on expands…
If you step back and think about this, it makes a lot of sense. It is also a very empowering concept. Whatever you tend to think about, you will focus on, and create more of. You mull this same focus over and over in different ways and your attention to it increases. You have the power to choose and control your thoughts and your focus. You have the power to be very clear about what you want in this world that is overflowing with images, messages, distractions. Give power and clarity to what you want, not the distractions.
If you dwell on the scarcity of things in your life, you focus on this, put energy into what you lack, and this continues to be your experience of life. You never have enough money, time, self worth, good health, talent, smarts, confidence, friends, love, whatever.
If you dwell on limitless possibilities and choices in your life, believe it is available to you, you focus on this, act on these beliefs, and this will be your experience of life. You will find, attract, and create success, money, confidence, health, love, friends, and joy in your life.
Hmmm, so, how do you shift your perspective to a positive one of prosperity, abundance, and joy? Here are some tips:
- Clarity. This is the most important thing you can do. Truly decide what you want. Create a very clear picture, vision, mini video in your head about what you want to BE, DO, or HAVE. Find powerful words, sentences, mantras to use to give your clear vision more energy, excitement, delight in your mind and your heart. Cut out pictures that exactly represent what you want or are a symbol of what you want. Create a vision board. Write down your words. Whatever helps give you clarity and focus.
Look at your vision every day. Consciously think about your words. Mull them over and look for ways to make them more energized, powerful. Reflect on actions you can take towards making them real.
- Let the limits go. Limits are self imposed. They are only thoughts in your head. They aren’t real. They are thoughts. When the negative or limiting thoughts come into your mind, recognize them, and let them go. Visualize them floating away. There is unlimited space in the universe, unlimited money available to you, unlimited love we can give to one another, unlimited learning and growing you can do, unlimited fun and play we can have in our life, unlimited energy, etc.
- Focus on what you DO want, rather than what you DON’T want. It’s habitual for many of us to dwell on the negative what-if’s and worry about things. What if I lose my money on this deal, what if I fail, what if I can’t afford it, and 100s of other thoughts that give us heartache! Shift your thinking to focus on the feelings you will have when you obtain the health, success, relationship, activity. It is okay to use your Don’t-wants to give your clarity on your Do-wants. Example: My husband and I moved to a new town and were looking for a house. We had a lot of Don’t-wants…we didn’t want 2 story, we didn’t want to live on a busy street, we didn’t want a big house. We made a list of clear do-wants…in town, one story, quiet street, 2 bedroom, private, lots of trees/greenery/birds around, affordable price of $x-$x, etc. This made it very easy to look for and spot. And we did. We ticked off every item on our list.
- Expect to create or manifest your desire. Wishing, hoping, affirmations and prayers don’t work unless you believe that what you want is coming to you, that you deserve it, and that it is possible. Remember, a belief is simply a thought you’ve thought over and over and over. Change your beliefs with new thoughts. Expecting means you KNOW it’s going to happen, even when there is no proof. What kinds of decisions, actions and risks would you make if you KNEW/BELIEVED you would have positive results?
- Only take actions that you are inspired to do. If you try to do all the things that you’ve read about that you are SUPPOSED to do or the things your parents/friends/relatives/society said that you SHOULD do, you’ll feel weighed down and resistant. What do you WANT to do? If it feels irresponsible to only do what you want, consider a different perspective. It is YOUR responsibility to make yourself happy. When you are in the flow of joy, everything you attract will please you.
- Have fun creating limitless choices. We often fall in to the trap that there are only 2 or 3 choices….this or that, yes or no, black or white. Again, thoughts in your head. Focus on creating more options, possibilities, roads to follow. Make it playful, fun, even ridiculous. Follow the creativity and fun.
- Change or let go of old thoughts. If it’s not giving you what you want, change it now. If you keep doing it the same way, you’ll always get the same results, no matter if it makes you glad or sad.
Listen to your inner guidance and ignore that negative little voice in your head. Any time a deal, situation, or person has gone bad, you probably knew something wasn’t right. Think about it. You can look back and at some point you had a feeling (even if just for a split second) that you didn’t listen to. Listen to your gut, it will never fail you. Your intuition gives you simple and short messages. Your negative self-talk usually sounds like someone nagging or someone playing devil’s advocate. It may be the exact voice of a parent, spouse, elder in your life who was negative. Your negative voice says things like, “I don’t know how”, “That’s a stupid idea”, “My family wouldn’t like that”, “I can’t afford to do this”, or “You’ll fail”. Your gut just tells you if something feels good or bad.
- Trust yourself. You don’t have to know all the details, how to do it, or be totally informed about the topic you are pondering or engaged in. You do have to know that you will make the perfect choices for you, in perfect timing, with the perfect people, and that you have an inner guide who will always lead you down the perfect path. Really! Trust yourself!
- Return to Clarity. Again and again. Focus on the picture, words, vision. Think about how to BE/DO/HAVE your vision. Create energy around it. Create even more clarity. What you focus on expands….
If you really desire it, get very clear about it, decide you’re going to Be/Do/Have it, focus on it, you take an inspired action, you believe, it shows up. What you focus on expands. Try it and let me know how it goes….